What an awesome evening that was!
We couldn’t have hoped for much better weather, the food was great and the new and improved quizmasters made the evening fly by!
The night was all in aid of Stick ‘n’ Step, a charity that supports young children with cerebral palsy, we are pleased to announce that we have raised over £3000 (including gift aid) which is almost double what we achieved last year. But just because we have reached this amount it does not mean you can’t donate anymore, our JustGiving page is still active and you can find it >here<.
Our 10th time hosting this event was probably one of our favourites and that wasn’t just because of an amazing turnout! We got some external help to do the quiz which meant that we got to split into teams and take part in the quiz ourselves. We definitely did not trouble the winners but we had fun and it was great to be on the other side of the quiz for a change.
As always we never put on these events without a little help and we would like to say a massive ‘THANK YOU’ to:
- Bec Waterfield from Funky Sunflower for dressing the room and making it look amazing!
- Les Mcgrath from Les Mcgrath photography for being the paparazzi on the door! You can find the pictures >here<.
- Michael Roberts from Take the Cake Productions for the video that has been produced from the event. You can find the video on
our YouTube channel >here<.
- The quiz team led by Nick
- Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa for all the amazing food.
This year’s winners were team Brazil, they took home the prestigious handmade bamboo trophy and more importantly the prestigious title of ‘Woods Squared Quiz Champions 2018’.
We want to thank everyone who attended the BBQ and participated in the quiz you made the day very enjoyable for our team, we hope you had a fantastic time and thank everyone who donated.